The Writing Life with Phil Kimble, Author of 'The Art of making Good Decisions'

Born in Atlanta, Phil Kimble went to school in Utah, lived for 2 years in LA, then moved back to Atlanta.  He and his wife Julie live in Conyers.  Mr. Kimble is an avid motorcyclist and competitive distance runner. 

Connect with Phil Kimble on the web: Facebook / Amazon

INTERVIEW:

What got you into writing?  I was an avid journal keeper, but, frankly, I got bored with it.  When my wife abandoned me to write her dissertation, I re-channeled my writing to manuscripts. 

What do you like best about being an author?  Being able to share ideas, not from a “look how smart I am” position, but a “look what I have found”.  I always invite, and hope for, comments from the readers. 

When do you hate it?  I hate it when people think you are arrogant because you have tried to write something.  I suppose some ego is necessary to believe you have something worth sharing, but it is disheartening when you are accused of writing because it makes your head swell..

What is a regular writing day like for you?  I collect ideas relative to my project.

Do you think authors have big egos? I have no idea, but I can understand why a bit of ego is necessary to believe you have something worth sharing.



How do you handle negative reviews? So far, I haven’t had any.

How do you handle positive reviews? I am appreciative of any honest feedback, positive or negative. 

What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?  They say “ooh”, and then they try to change the topic of conversation, or back out of the room altogether.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.